Buying a New HVAC System
Homeowners with an older air conditioner unit will face either replacing the entire system or the outdoor compressor with a high-efficiency unit. Most air conditioner units today use up to 40% less energy to produce the same amount of cooling as those units made 10 years ago. Look for cost-efficient units with Energy Star ratings and a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) above 13. We recommend installing units in the shade; they will operate 10% more efficiently.
Why is it important to be energy efficient?
Energy efficiency is using less energy to do more. Being conscious of energy consumption benefits you, your country, and the world. There are many benefits of being energy efficient:
- Supports a cleaner environment
- Improves national security by reducing dependence on imported oil
- Saves consumers and businesses money
- Improves the economy by driving innovation and productivity
- Enhances the quality of life