Typically our blog is geared towards our residential customers, however, this week blog post will provide tips for our commercial customers. Reliable Electric wants to help you keep your hard earned money in your pocket by cutting back on unnecessary energy use. To keep your business running successfully, consider implementing a few of our energy saving ideas into your office this summer.
· Power off equipment and turn off lights after hours.
· Set office equipment to automatically switch to “sleep mode” when not in use.
· Buy ENERGY STAR® products.
Cooling and Ventilation Systems
· Set the thermostat in your workplace to 78 degrees during work hours.
· Set the thermostat to 85 degrees when the workplace is unoccupied.
· Use a programmable thermostat, allowing you to regulate the temperature when you are closed.
· Place a lock cover over the thermostat to avoid tampering with the temperature.
· Keep exterior and cargo doors closed to save energy.
· Get your HVAC system tune-up.
· Remember regular filter replacement and cleaning is necessary for your unit to perform at peak performance.
· Have ducts and pipe insulation checked.