Before you have an HVAC emergency, let Reliable Electric inspect your unit. By allowing us to perform a simple AC maintenance on your system, it could save you big in the long run. As a homeowner it’s easy for you to keep your unit clean from debris, however cleaning the unit’s wiring and mechanisms is a different story. By hiring a professional to assist you with maintaining your unit, you increase efficiency and even extend the life of your unit.
1. Are all HVAC units equal? No, so make smart decisions when it comes to purchasing the right unit for your home. Keep in mind, almost half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating.
2. Cooling and heating does affect your energy bill. That’s correct, actually the cooling and heating cost account for half of most home’s total energy bill. We suggest replacing units 10 years or older with a high-efficiency model. An Energy Star-certified unit could cut your costs by 30%.
3. Why is SEER important? First off, SEER is short for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the SEER, the greater your unit’s efficiency. When selecting the correct SEER for your home, please contact a licensed technician. The technician knows the importance of sizing your unit to compliment the comfort of your home.
4. Do you think it’s time to replace your cooling and heating system? Here are a few prompts you should look for:
When your energy bill continues to increase.
Frequent repairs needed on your home’s HVAC equipment.
If your unit is older than 15 years old.
5. There are benefits of maintenance agreements. Maintenance agreements offer homeowners affordable care, coupled with a preventative component. Skills technicians will do annual pre-season check-ups to make sure your unit is running properly, saving you time and